Manorbier Blog

Thursday, March 16, 2006

On the Question of Anonymity (2)

There seems to be a desperate attempt by certain people to find my identity and that of my fellow Manorbier bloggers. I wonder why? Could it be that they think knowing my name will make it easier for them in their efforts to shut down my blog and stifle any opposition to them? Even Old Grumpy aka. Clr Mike Stoddart has weighed in with an article on his website calling us "gutless wonders" and accusing us of sending "poison pen letters". I'm rather puzzled why Clr Stoddart should feel he has to get involved in the present debate and would have thought, as someone who has had a least one website pulled from under him by his political opponents, he would have been a little more understanding of my motives for remaining un-named. It is also worth mentioning at this point that the campaign page set up on the BBC Action Network website by the opponents of the MOD Night Firing application has been suspended "for moderation" which is legal speak for "someone is leaning on us and we are worried about legal action" I wonder who might be doing the leaning? So it seems there are attempts to silence this campaign. Perhaps Chas Cochrane, the author of the campaign page, can enlighten us. Reading oldgrumpy's website in the past I had always thought of him as a true independent who was the thorn in the side of PCC's "Independents" that any majority party needs to keep it on the straight and narrow. I admired him for his valiant efforts to scrutinise certain councillors expense claims. It is unfortunate that he now seems to have aligned himself with some rather dubious friends, I hope I am wrong and if I am I apologise to Clr Stoddart. Finally, since we are talking about anonymity, just a very mild rebuke to Clr Stoddart - a new visitor to your website would not have any obvious indication who the author was. PS I've given you a link (Hows that for being fair?)

1 Comments:

  • I totally support your comments and that of manorbier-stinger. Old grumpy knows nothing about the antics of County Councillor Calver, if he did he would expose Calver for what he is on his website for :-
    Not Being a true independant and not having the guts to reveal he is the author of manorbier.com who slags members of the Community Council off without giving them the right to reply.
    But word is spreading and the public in Manorbier are now finding out the truth about Calver and Davies the Undynamic Duo.

    By Blogger manorbierbloodhound, at Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:57:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home