Manorbier Blog

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Manorbier Taxpayer - xenophobe?

The semi-literate xenophobic rantings of "Manorbier Taxpayer" in his post of 13th December http://manorbiertaxpayer.blogspot.com/2006/12/i-am-not-on-benefits.html
really does mark an all time low in Manorbier blogging.

Since it's obviously not possible to conduct a serious debate with someone who holds these extreme and bigoted views I won't waste my time trying. Instead I'll pose a few questions that he might like to consider and perhaps provide some answers to.

Back in 2004 when the 10 Community Council seats were up for elections only 7 people could be bothered to put their names forward! Where were you when our community needed your help?

It is to my deep regret that I didn't come forward for the Council at that time. It was only when the issue of Night Firing arose and I became aware of the digraceful conduct of certain councillors that I decided I should try to do something, which was why I set up this blog.

You say you think the Council should do things properly. So who should decide what constitutes doing things properly - you?

I suspect what you mean is if the Council do things you approve of that is proper, but if they do things you don't approve of that isn't proper.

A rather self-centred attitude don't you think?

You'll no doubt be pleased, as we all are, that the Christmas tree is now standing.

Did you take up my suggestion that you should volunteer to help? I doubt it.

The rest of your rant doesn't merit any reponse except to say that I feel a sense of sadness and shame that my village can harbour someone with your views!


Caveat:
Although, in the above post I have treated "Manorbier Taxpayer" at face value I do have serious doubts. I have strong suspicions that the person behind this blog is not the semi-literate they would have us think. So, reader, I urge you to look on all blogs(even my own) with the critical eye of experience and judge them for yourself , as independently and impartially as you can.


For the benefit of "Manorbier Taxpayer" xenophobia = an intense or irrational dislike or fear of strangers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home